|Job Type:||Full Time|
Working within the Tararua Alliance, a partnership between Tararua District Council and Downer, you as Asset Manager will proactively lead the asset management team, delivering best-in-class asset management solutions for transportation and reticulation infrastructure.
You will lead development of asset investment strategies including involvement in the LTP and AMPs, ensure delivery of robust maintenance and renewal forward works programmes and identification and implementation of business improvement opportunities to improve asset management maturity. Working with other Tararua Alliance staff you will make the best use of available financial, human and physical resources to provide effective, efficient and customer focused outcomes.
In your capacity as Asset Manager you will also work closely with both Planning and Delivery staff within the Tararua Alliance, as well as external suppliers where required, to ensure all aspects of the activity are delivered on time, within budget, and to a high standard to improve the reputation of the Tararua Alliance, and wider Tararua District Council and Downer organisations.
- Proven industry experience and knowledge in infrastructure asset management
- BE (Civil), NZ Diploma in Engineering (Civil) or other relevant tertiary qualification relating to Infrastructure
- Sound commercial understanding and acumen
- Effective written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical issues in a clear and rigorous manner that influences others
- Proven ability to manage multifaceted supplier/service provider relationships and develop effective working relationships
- Passion, drive and enthusiasm and highly self-motivated to drive business results
- A positive attitude and commitment to providing a high quality of service
The great thing about working within an Alliance is the autonomy – you get the freedom to make the decisions on how best to manage your roading network and structures (assets). As an employee of Downer New Zealand, this is your chance to be part of New Zealand’s leading provider of infrastructure services to public and private sectors! We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and results and through inspirational leadership with our people and customers.
If this role sounds like it has the kind of challenges you are looking for then please go to www.downercareers.co.nz reference 567242 to put an application forward.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.