|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald is a dynamic and innovative management, engineering and development consultancy working on landmark projects worldwide. Wholly independent and employee owned, we have staff worldwide working in sectors including transport, energy, buildings, water and advisory.
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior planning consultant to join our growing team. You would be part of our multi-disciplinary environment & sustainability team, which covers all aspects of statutory approvals, strategic planning, environmental assessments, environmental management, carbon management, climate resilience, sustainable building and infrastructure design, and corporate sustainability reporting and strategy development.
We work as part of a vibrant and diverse office of engineering, technology and management specialists who work together on schemes which have social and environmental benefits. We also engage with local communities through our outreach work and have an active social scene which is inclusive to all our people.
This role will work on projects such as AJM, including Suburban Rail Loop, Melbourne Metro Tunnel Project, Regional Rail Revival and Western Project Alliance, Level Crossing Removal Projects. It will also work on other projects across the Water, Energy, Maritime and Built Environment sectors
Key responsibilities will include:
* Provide specialist advice in relation to statutory planning, planning and environmental approvals, environmental management and impact assessments to facilitate project outcomes.
* Project manage approvals processes, including leading stakeholder engagement, coordination of specialist assessments, interfacing across project teams, and documentation.
* Deliver client services and project management excellence.
* Leverage existing client relationships and build new relationships in continued support of developing a more diverse and robust business.
* Mentor junior environment and sustainability team members to build capability in a team focused, positive environment.
* Lead and support the development of proposals and bid submissions.
* Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or similar.
* Minimum 10 years' experience in statutory planning and environmental approvals.
* Broader experience in environmental impact assessments, environmental management and stakeholder management would be viewed favourably.
* Familiarity with Commonwealth and Victorian environmental legislation and their application to facilitate the delivery of infrastructure projects
In turn you'll be working on significant projects that shape the communities in which we live. You will build connections with our international expertise and bring this knowledge to our clients and to their projects. We adopt a pioneering mindset to meet our challenges head on.
There's no time like the present to make a change.