|Job Type:||Full Time|
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Melbourne VIC, Australia; Sydney NSW, Australia
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience project managing and delivering technical solutions.
- Experience in networking; compute infrastructure; and architecting, developing, or maintaining cloud solutions.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Networking, DevOps, Security, Compute/Storage, Hadoop, Kubernetes, or SRE.
- MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science or an Engineering field.
- Cloud certification.
- 7 years of experience in technical client service.
- Experience in customer-facing migrations, including service discovery, assessment, planning, execution, and operations.
- Experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Software development, large-scale Windows/Linux environments, network design and deployment, database(s), storage systems. Experience with networking and system design of load balancers, firewalls, and VPN in architecting, developing and/or maintaining production-grade systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Excellent problem-solving skills.
About the job
As an Infrastructure Cloud Consultant, you will work directly with Google’s customers on infrastructure projects that transform business. You will provide consulting, program management, and technical expertise on customer engagements to deploy solutions on Google’s Cloud Platform. You will also work closely with key Google partners, to deliver joint consulting services, providing technical guidance and best infrastructure practices.
In this role, you will contribute a diverse background in areas such as architecture design, distributed systems, infrastructure migration, and deployment strategies. Additionally, you will navigate ambiguity, work with cloud technologies, have technical depth, and enjoy working with customers. You'll also use communication and project management skills and travel approximately 30% of the time for client engagements.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with customer technical leads, client executives, and partners to manage and deliver successful implementations of cloud solutions becoming a trusted advisor to decision makers throughout the engagement.
- Work with internal specialists, Product, and Engineering teams to package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership, methodologies, and published assets.
- Interact with Sales, partners, and customer technical stakeholders to manage project scope, priorities, deliverables, risks/issues, and timelines for successful client outcomes.
- Advocate for customer needs in order to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development based on your field experience.
- Propose solution architectures and manage the deployment of cloud based distributed virtualized infrastructure solutions, according to complex customer requirements and implementation best practices.