|Job Type:||Full Time|
Be part of a supportive and dynamic team, delivering innovative products which are at the forefront of digital banking in Australia. Apply your skills in leading software engineering technologies to create new features and improvements throughout our technology stack, from UI to service layer, integrating with our back end systems.
As a Senior Software Engineer in one of our Scrum teams, you will develop and automate the testing of robust, adaptable code that is always production-ready. Through collaboration with other developers your work will improve the digital banking experience for our customers and our staff.
What are you going to do?
- Working along the full lifecycle of software engineering from idea to working production
- Designing reusable services following Service Oriented Design principles and ngineering solutions which are highly secure and performant at scale
- Writing code that is easy to read, highly maintainable, and written with automated testing in mind
- Coaching other engineers and team members to increase their capability and in turn the capability of the scrum teams and organisation
- Ensuring the effective documentation and communication of knowledge, system and process as well as effective communication of scope, progress, concerns, issues
- Fostering and delivering effective adoption of continuous delivery methodology, practice and attitudes / mindsets as well as continuous improvement
- Being an advocate for the adoption of Agile / Scrum practice, methodologies and attitudes and behaviours
What are we looking for? Someone who has…
- At least 5 years in development/software engineering and at least 3 in Java
- Has strong experience with micro services and also preferably with SpringBoot
- Well experienced in building RESTful and SOAP Webservices
- Proficient in full stack development (e.g. database, services and user interface) or mastery in one layer of the stack with sound understanding of other layers
- Experience working with Agile and preferably in the banking/financial sector
- Technical leadership in delivery of sizable software applications / projects and ability to prioritise to achieve exceptional outcomes
- Sound written and verbal communication skills and ability to operate in ambiguity
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile - for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you're joining a team where individuality isn't just accepted, it's encouraged. We've built a culture that's fun, friendly and supportive - it's the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We're here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there's plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you've never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply - likewise if you're living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you'd feel at home? We'd love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)