Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Lawyer to join our dispute resolution team in Brisbane. The successful candidate will have experience in the management of construction and project litigation ideally in the resources and infrastructure sectors.
Our market leading construction dispute resolution practice provides construction law and dispute management advice in relation to all aspects of domestic and international project delivery. We are privileged to have a primary advisory role on some of the region's most significant resources and infrastructure projects in mining, LNG, rail and roads.
While this role is based in Brisbane, it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to work closely with the broader regional team on resources and infrastructure project disputes and will likely involve opportunities to work on matters in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth, and outside of Australia.
Our strong market position is demonstrated by the team's recent matters, including:
- Advising on contract management and administration of claims on a significant transport infrastructure PPP.
- Advising a Project JV on a billion dollar UNCITRAL arbitration on a major LNG project.
- Acting in Supreme Court proceedings relating to design and construction defect issues for clients such as Transgrid, BlueScope and Woolworths.
More information on the role and team can be found in the Job Description attached to the role on our website www.ashurst.com/en/careers
Desired Skills and Experience:
To succeed in this role you will need:
- 5+ years' experience as a lawyer with construction dispute experience gained within a top-tier firm (or by a combination of top-tier and in-house) preferably within the resources and infrastructure sectors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior drafting ability.
- A commercial approach and an ability to articulate and negotiate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills.
- The ability to be team-focused in providing leadership and mentoring to the juniors in the team whilst also working independently.
- A proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service and, a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships.
At Ashurst, you'll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with some of Australia's leading professionals. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.