|Location:||North Ryde, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Senior Payroll Officer is responsible for the completion of a high-quality comprehensive payroll service and to provide a mentoring and support role to the Payroll Officers. The role is required to assist in the timely preparation of payroll related data, reconciliations, month end activities, statistics and other senior payroll duties as specified by the BSC management team within the regulatory framework including Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
The role also requires the ability to apply problem solving skills and analysis to resolve customer payroll issues raised and escalated through the employee helpdesk service.
- Demonstrable delivery of timely and accurate HR/Payroll services in an autonomous role with a high volume of transactions (minimum 600-700 emps) with a minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience using Oracle Express HR
- Experience in Payment Summary Processing, reconciliations and Month End Processing
- Financial reporting background eg, General Ledger reconciliation and journaling
- Managed workload distribution at a senior level – capable of assisting the team to complete workload
- Sound knowledge of HR/Personnel, Payroll and Leave practices, procedures, operations and legislation.
- Basic MS Word and Excel skills
- Ensure the operational aspects of payroll processing and associated activities, including wage/salary disbursements, overpayment recovery, leave management and reporting are accurate and delivered within appropriate timeframes and comply with relevant legislation and within segregation of duties guidelines
- Provide accurate and timely first round reconciliation of payroll processes including main pays and off cycle payments including Superannuation, Tax, Payroll Tax and GLI Costing where applicable.
- Full capability in processing payroll using the relevant HRMS in line with all payroll deadlines as specified and agreed by Payroll Team Leader and business SLA
- Adheres to all Downer policies, procedures and standards
- Meet set KPI’s as documented and agreed with BSC Management yearly
- Demonstrate own initiative to investigate and assist the BSC team to fix Payroll issues
- When required, Senior Payroll Officer is responsible for processing end to end payrolls to assist the team
What you'll get in return
This is the perfect opportunity to join a supportive team environment where the company rewards its employees by providing good working conditions, paid parental leave, salary sacrificing and significant career development prospects. An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right person.