|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. We employ more than 53,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand but also in the Asia-Pacific region, South America and Southern Africa.
Transport Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business continues to secure further opportunities Nationally as we continue to build on our reputation of meeting and delivering on Australia’s major Transportation needs.
Due to large scale projects coming online we are now seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Project Controller/Planner to join our progressive Rail / Civil Infrastructure team to help build sustainable, long lasting infrastructure solutions.
You will have an exciting opportunity to commence early on the projects as part of a plan, design and construct team where you will have the opportunity to share your expertise and have a major impact on project outcomes.
In this hands-on role you will be responsible to ensure effective and timely coordination and implementation of the planning and programming functions required for the project, to assist in achieving the agreed project objectives. Ensure constant up-to-date reporting of the project program status
- Demonstrate a personal visible commitment to Our SHE Policies, Our SHE Cultural Framework, the Safety Essentials and the SHE Management System requirements and expectations
- Understand and discharge their SHE accountability
- Develop and maintain an awareness of the hazards and associated SHE risks and demonstrate a commitment to eliminate or minimize those risks
- Ensuring contractual (project) obligations are identified and understood
- Actively contributing to identification of and response to project risks and opportunities
- Ensure the processes and controls for planning are carried in accordance with the Construction Management System and Contract requirements
- In conjunction with Planning Manager, develop design, procurement and construction programmes that reflect agreed methodologies and identify key activities, milestones and constraints whilst working with client’s requirements.
- Provide support and input to the Baseline Programme preparation and updating master program, ensuring project delivery in optimal
- Ensuring accuracy and timeliness of program forecast
- Contribute to the robust review and assessment of preferred subcontractors and suppliers agreed programs that satisfy the projects contract program
- Input with monthly reviews of the project program with delivery teams and consolidate and compile project program reports
- Update resource availability and allocation across various disciplines of the project
- Providing assistance with time impact assessments on all variations to the project’s contract and variations submitted/claimed by subcontractors as required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a Engineering discipline or equivalent;
- Demonstrated experience with project delivery in an Infrastructure environment, preferably in Civil, Rail or Building projects;
- Minimum of 3 + years’ experience in Tender and delivery Planning;
- Good communicator within project team
- Proven competency with current industry standard planning software including Primavera P6 (or other leading Enterprise CPM software), OPRA, Asta Powerproject, Microsoft Project, Synchro, Navisworks, SketchUp, TILOS, Chainlink
- Performance Measurement & Reporting - Dashboards & KPM's.
- Competency with 4D planning and BIM considered highly desirable
- Previous experience with Schedule Reliability Analysis, Last Planner, Critical Path Methodology, Design Planning, Earned Value Management, Schedule Risk Analysis, Forensic Planning.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An attractive remuneration package along with an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment within a highly successful, ASX listed organisation
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion. If you are focused and aspired to grow your career in a challenging and leading-edge environment, you will have a future with great possibilities with us.
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on “Apply Now” button.
Applications must be submitted through the on-line portal. For more information about this position please contact Meemee Nilawongse via email firstname.lastname@example.org
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS