|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Rewarding Piping Trade Manager opportunity to work on a key maritime sustainment project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Piping Trade Manager in our team in Henderson, WA.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Head of Production you will:
- Manage Pipe work activities across the Henderson Site and the indirect management of the integrated work team including supervisors, leading hands and trades
- Work with the welding engineer to manufacture in line with the welding strategy and specification requirements
- Work with dimension control team to manufacture the Pipe work in line with the ship requirements, Dimensional Control strategy and specification requirements
- Ensure pipe fabrication is in line with Project schedule and budget requirements
- Work with Workshop Manager, Ship Managers and Planning team to manage trade performance norms by product
- Manage key risk and opportunities for pipe work and execute mitigation plans for area of control
- Develop a build strategy and propose any changes for improvement. Drive all improvements through from conception to execution
- Actively manage employees on a day to day basis and formally through the Personal Development Review process
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience as a piping trade manager or in similar roles
- Experience in team leadership and team management of a mid-large sized project
- High level of written and verbal communication skills to communicate clearly across difference levels of the organization
- Relevant trade qualification
- Good computer literacy
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Vinodh.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.