|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Senior Partner Solutions Engineer (Sr Pnr SE) is a senior technical role within the sales team, which supports partner sales and promotes partner and customer satisfaction.
The Sr Pnr SE primarily provides pre-sales technical engagement with a diversity of partners for the promotion of F5 products, applications and solutions. In collaboration with Partner Account Managers, the Sr Pnr SE will leverage their extensive industry and technical knowledge in analysing partner and customer needs, creating effective strategies and specifying applicable F5 technologies to solve technical and business issues.
The Sr Pnr SE will build relationships with partners, customers and internal resources in order to influence, educate and promote desired outcomes. The Sr Pnr SE will promote F5’s viewpoint, strategy and solutions in partner engagements, public events and learning activities. The Sr Pnr SE will influence partners who deeply understand technology, will command respect for their expertise and experience and build a community of like-minded champions for F5.
The Sr Pnr SE will also collaborate with, and provide technical leadership to other Solutions Engineers and members of the F5 partner and sales teams. The Sr Pnr SE will act as a mentor and technical reference in an area of specialisation.
This challenging and highly-visible position requires a dynamic, hard-working and ambitious individual who is extremely results driven, customer focused, technologically savvy, and skilled at building internal partnerships and external relationships.
This may include presentations, product demonstrations and the development of partner account plans.
- Uphold F5’s Business Code of Ethics and promptly report violations of the Code or other company policies
- Develop and maintain a high level of technical knowledge of F5 product set, relevant industries, competitive landscape and sales aptitude
- Partner with the sales team to maintain detailed partner business plans including organizational charts, technical capabilities, strategy and technology needs
- Build positive relationships with partner technical personnel, lead a community of interest and consistently provide a world-class partner experience
- Utilize the F5 sales strategy and solution portfolio to define technical solutions that drive partner business or create a new service offerings
- Articulate the technical and business value of F5 solutions to partners and against competitors through presentations, training sessions, demonstrations and proofs-of-concept
- Contribute to the creation of case studies, white papers, and media articles for partners
- Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and success and building lasting relationships
- Effectively negotiate and pursue conflict resolution
- Liase between F5 Technical Support and solution partners to ensure issue resolution and partner satisfaction
- Partner with product development and product management to influence development roadmaps
- Actively utilize SE tools: Salesforce.com, Unified Demo Framework, SharePoint and other SE readiness programs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Multiple language skills are valued
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Partner focus, achieving partner expectations and requirements
- Well established relationships with partner executives and decision-makers
- Advanced ability to manage challenging situations
- Demonstrate innovation to create new services or revenue
- Ability to provide mentorship to new employees
- Assignments are often self-initiated
- 10+ years related industry experience
- 6+ year pre-sales experience
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Advanced presentation skills
- Essential F5 product knowledge or relevant experience in key competitor offerings
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
- Duties are normally performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table
- Duties may involve working in a computer data centre or laboratory environment, including lifting, manipulating and configuring equipment, or in a social setting (restaurant, café or similar)
- Duties require regular travel to customer, partner, F5 office or other locations, including out-of-town travel at F5’s discretion
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at F5’s discretion
This role involves customer facing engagements and may be subject to additional background check requirements per customer requests. All screenings and results will be subject to applicable law and F5 policies and may be used to determine work assignment or further employment eligibility.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.