|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring in your Information Management expertise to this interesting role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as an INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ANALYST in our ASC Shipbuilding team in WILLIAMSTOWN, VICTORIA.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Information Knowledge Manager, you will:
- Provide support to the development of the Information Management architecture definition and implementation for the Hunter Class Frigate Program
- Provide support to the Hunter Class Product Lifecycle Management and Data Management System teams to ensure the integrity of data can be used within the ILS environment and products
- Manage the support applications that will be required to facilitate the delivery of the Hunter Class Frigate Program support solution, together with the software licence requirements and costs
- Provide support in planning the Information Management transition from the in-build environment to the in-service environment
- Derive support solution requirements, define the test requirements and participate in design and requirements reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to identify the optimum support solution against a set of requirements
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce designs and products including interpretation of analysis results
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in using Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR) products and underlying DBMSs such as Oracle and SQL Server to audit, manage, manipulate and transfer LSAR data between LSAR and other related Support and Engineering applications
- Experience in Defence or Industry Support Solutions using LSAR in a DEF STAN 00-60, MIL-STD-1388-2B, (or similar standard) based scenario
- Ability to manipulate and manage data in multiple tools and Data Management Systems with commensurate low level programming experience
- Relevant qualifications (Diploma or Degree) in Information Technology, Engineering or related discipline or trade skill with suitable experience
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Vinodh.email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.