|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Economist / Senior Economist
- ASX top 100 listed company – Join Victoria’s largest electricity infrastructure network
- Apply your economic network regulation knowledge > Strong strategic focus
- Diverse & supportive team environment > family friendly > flexible working options open for discussion
What you will be delivering
Reporting to the Manager, Economic Regulation, we are seeking the expertise of two experienced Economists to join our niche specialist team of Economists. On offer is one Permanent and one 12 months fixed term contract (to cover parental leave).
You will develop strategy and policy relating to economic regulation and development of regulatory frameworks to facilitate improvement in the value of services provided and conditions encouraging of investment in network services, positioning AusNet Services for favourable long-term regulatory outcomes.
Both positions have overlapping accountabilities, with the degree of responsibility commensurate with experience.The roles lead the formation of company views on a range of strategic regulatory matters and implement the strategy, including, but not limited to –
- Leading the company’s input into a broad range of regulatory and policy reviews
- Maintaining detailed, up-to-date understanding of regulatory constraints on broad commercial and business arrangements arising through regulatory change
- Price reviews for AusNet Services’ electricity distribution, transmission and gas networks, including strategy development
- Managing stakeholder relationships, by developing professional relationships with regulatory bodies, industry participants and other stakeholders
- Network regulation, managing the day-to-day regulatory issues for the regulated networks
What we like about you
- Demonstrated experience working within a similar, regulatory role
- Experience working within a regulated utility and/or government body, would be highly favourable (such as Water; Gas; Energy)
- Demonstrated initiative in identifying new approaches in regulatory development and frameworks
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and lead junior staff.
What you will enjoy
- A friendly, diverse and supportive team environment focused on achieving results
- Access to Social Club and community based support activities
- A wide range of employee benefits such as salary sacrifice options & Private Health Discounts
- A company that supports work and family commitments that is underpinned by values and policies that promote diversity and inclusiveness
- On-going development and career opportunities
- Plus more!