Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity
A new opportunity exists for a Senior Traffic Engineer based in our Sydney office. Reporting to the Section Leader for Transport Planning & Advisory, this role will lead traffic engineering and transport planning project work. The ideal candidate will have experience in traffic engineering and modelling, development impact assessment, construction traffic management, intersection design, road safety audit and project management skills across a wide range of traffic and transport projects.
The role will involve\:
- Leading, managing and providing technical input for traffic engineering and transport planning projects.
- Developing and continuing to grow the capability of the traffic engineering and planning business in NSW.
- Maintaining and building on existing client relationships through an understanding of client needs and effective communication.
- Developing and supervising junior staff
The successful candidate should have\:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree (or approved equivalent)
- Chartered Professional Engineer (desirable)
- Traffic Engineering skills
- Experience in road traffic operations
- Traffic operations modelling skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
It’s a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures. Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note\: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.