|Job Type:||Full Time|
Here at Xero we are all about people and building beautiful experiences for our customers. Join our passionate team of technologists who love to learn and get involved in the community. We focus on developing solutions to make it easier for small businesses to grow through beautiful accounting software. With us you have a chance to have an impact on the lives and businesses of people globally.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We inspire you to show your real passion for technology, help and inspire others in Xero and within the community we support. We will offer you flexible working hours and arrangements that enable you to balance your life and passions. We trust you to build to the best of your ability and will support your dream for continual learning with training and career mentorship to help you flourish.
In creating a global platform that seamlessly connects businesses, saves time and enables success, we need to focus on more than just accounting; this is represented in our tagline evolution from “beautiful accounting software” to “beautiful business.” Adjacent products is at the core of this strategy. Products that sit alongside accounting which enable small businesses to thrive.
You will work with your multi-functional team to deliver beautiful software that is valuable to our customers. You’ll take ownership for increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of our technical teams, by defining and effectively communicating a well-thought-out product architecture that provides clear technical direction. Enabling them to remain responsive to our customers.
As a Product Architect at Xero you will also have the opportunity to;
- Work within the Architecture Team to define Xero’s architecture strategy and long term direction.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders such as the Development Manager and Product Manager, to ensure a shared understanding of the business requirements while championing the non functionals, architecture guidelines and strategies.
- Draw on your own experiences and based on good engineering practices, you’ll influence the development teams to design, build and deliver high quality features quickly, with confidence and accuracy.
- Work with the development teams to identify technical debt and related issues for prioritisation and resolution. With the Development Manager, you’ll define and prioritise the technical roadmap within the product backlog.
- look at improving our development practices and processes, by proactively bringing new ideas into Xero.
- Use your wealth of experience and knowledge to provide training, coaching and mentoring where needed.
We are looking for a passionate Architect and just as important as the technical experience is the ability to be #human and take ownership of your environment. We are so lucky to have excellent people to work with and offices to work in and we'd love you to be a part of it.
As a Product Architect at Xero you will utilise your leadership ability to create, articulate, mentor and advocate the vision and technical and semantic direction for a product and systems architecture.
So for you to be successful in this role it would be great for you to have some experience with:
- Designing service oriented architecture solutions
- Measuring and designing for non-functionals, like reliability, availability, security, maintainability, performance and scalability
- Being exposed to multiple software development methodologies and styles
- Understanding of systems design, ideally with SaaS Products
- Software development ideally C# or other Object Oriented Programming languages
- Cloud architecture with AWS
- Relational databases and knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Applying your data and statistical analysis skills
- Simplifying and articulating highly technical concepts for non technical stakeholders
- Business Analysis and associated problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Influencing innovative and positive teams with your positive attitude
- Managing and prioritising varied tasks
If you want to come to work with friends every single day and help to make Xero even more special, please apply!!