|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians.
We are now on the hunt for an experienced Procurement specialist to join our Optus Business team.
As a Category Manager, within the Procurement team you will be responsible for developing and implementing procurement strategies and plans for the sourcing of one or more related commodities/spend categories to support the Optus Business’ strategy. The role will be responsible for creating effective Category plans that proactively identify strategic sourcing opportunities through analysis of internal requirements, paired against external supply market opportunities.
To drive success in this role, understanding demand drivers specific to the portfolio and encompassing a broad business perspective/understanding of business’ future requirements are pivotal. You will be required to work closely with the Product Development and Delivery teams to support vendor selection, conduct vendor negotiations, support on the execution of supplier contracts and challenge current specifications and internal processes to come up with alternate solutions.
Do you see yourself as part of our Optus Business Procurement team?
Your prime objectives in this role will include:
- Monitoring global trends, continuous research, and develop new supply markets and sources
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver strategies, as well as managing relationships internally and with partners/suppliers
- Develop strategies regarding Category sourcing, analyse and stream line transactional processes/policies and drive change management projects
- Facilitate and finalise complex negotiations that deliver quantifiable benefits
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and potential sourcing/negotiation strategies
- Actively support Product teams in supplier shortlisting and selection for portfolio products; including understanding specifications, service level and customer requirements to determine bargaining/negotiation tactics and provide input to SRM for contracting (T&Cs)
- Work as a contributing team member in a busy environment; sharing ideas, insights and working collaboratively to improve policy and processes
- Collaborate in maintaining a system of compliance monitoring, benefits measurement, and enforcement
What makes you perfect for the role?
- Tertiary qualification in Business or Procurement disciplines
- Extensive proven experience in Category Management, and in a Buy-to-Sell environment
- Previous experience in similar role and industry
- Strong knowledge of relationship management, contracts negotiation and contract management
- Solid business and financial knowledge of costing and vendors commercial practices and accountabilities; business and industry in which the organisation operates
- Ability to communicate and successfully managing effective relationships with vendors, internal customers, management and peers through managing expectations
- Experienced in providing delivery by utilising the most effective endorsed vendor management model including effective project management practices
- Ability to clearly define analytical procedures and concepts used to integrate and analyse data and make general assumptions/recommended action plans.
- Effective negotiation skills to ensure ‘win-win’ outcomes and to resolve conflicts
- Ability to create, maintain and improve a group of people who are working for a common purpose
Optus is a place where we let you do you. We offer a variety of exciting benefits, such as working collaboratively in an open, agile environment with flexibility.
Optus is a truly a great place to work because tomorrow is ours to create.
Visit https://www.optus.com.au/about/careers to learn more about working for us.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!