|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Marketplace team tackles some of ANZ’s most complex problems, on behalf of all ANZ cities. These problems often involve difficult analysis with large data sets, tough strategic decisions and close collaboration with many different stakeholders, and the solutions can have game changing impact. For a tenacious truth seeker, with exceptional attention to detail and a desire to manage multipart projects at national scale, this is the team for you.
Marketplace specifically looks at how to make our Eats marketplace fast and reliable at the lowest possible cost, while keeping all three sides of our marketplace engaged. By diving into issues such as marketplace forecasting, marketplace dynamics, delivery partner payment and incentives, and optimal marketplace settings, you will develop new approaches and strategies to run a healthy and balanced marketplace. Specifically this means:
- Lead the Market Dynamics Team within the ANZ Marketplace team (two direct reports).
- Motivate and leverage existing and new team members to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics.
- Liaise closely with the Uber Eats ANZ Leadership and in particular our cities teams to help identify initiatives to achieve positive business and customer outcomes.
- With your team, use data-backed analysis and market insights to continually drive improvements to efficiency & health.
- Work closely with HQ (SF/NYC) on product rollouts and adjust these to local needs and ultimately deliver a better marketplace operation.
- You’ll work through various financial, supply & demand related challenges to improve the running costs of our marketplace.
- You’ll scale processes and build solutions to improve the customer experience for consumers, restaurant and delivery partners.
- You’ll look for opportunities to automate to promote rapid scale and efficiency.
What You’ll Need:
- 8+ years of business management, customer operations or related experience in a rapidly changing environment. Evidence of complete ownership of a multifaceted project with many stakeholders highly valued.
- Strong analytical ability: Evidence of effective modelling to facilitate decisions; ability to draw key insights from analysis; knowledge of SQL; experience with other statistical packages or basic programming skills (ie Python) is highly regarded.
- Strong commercial acumen: Clear understanding of our marketplace including core metrics and levers to drive value for consumers, Restaurants, Delivery Partners and our own business. Ability to develop sensible principles that underpin decision making beyond tactical short term rationale. Ability to zoom out to consider broader business and customer impact in the long term.
- End-to-end process ownership: Understands what a robust process looks like and can build, iterate and automate process in a scalable and efficient way.
- Effective collaboration and communication: Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to collaborate across a wide variety of functions and levels, from communication to execution.
- Pursues perfection without compromising on execution: On things that truly matter, someone who is fastidious about making sure we get the answer right. Even with a robust, detailed and effective process, still executes at a reliable pace. Excited to tackle large, complex initiatives that may move slowly because of high risk and/or multiple stakeholders.
- Passion for customer experience: Curiosity and empathy for our users across consumers, Delivery Partners and Restaurant Partners. Understands how, when and why to incorporate qualitative insights into decision making.