|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in platform, system, web, and app design.
- Experience across UX functions (visual, motion, prototyping, research, content strategy, etc.).
- Experience leading design team.
- Experience in end-to end-execution from insight and concept to landing.
- Demonstrated track record of leading and developing UX teams as a partner to product management and engineering.
- Ability to create clarity and lead teams in the face of complexity and ambiguity.
About the job
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
As a Lead UX Designer for Google Maps, you will design engaging first-time experiences as well as power tools for our expert contributors. You are a great design leader, systems-level design thinker, and visionary with exceptional instincts and outstanding intuition. You have an uncanny sense for clean design, are an advocate for the user, and are committed to creating simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows. You take the time to understand not just the execution side of design, but the business aspects of the products as well. You have experience running a small team of designers and love to see people thrive on your team.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Define, shape and own product design strategy, vision and guiding principles for our Transit experiences.
- Identify, drive and own opportunities across the Transit expereince, whlping users decide on the best trip option.
- Drive design direction, informed by user and business insights and domain expertise.
- Lead a UX team to support and accelerate the Transit product design vision.
- Embrace and advocate for Product Excellence principles: simple design, focused utility and crafted execution.