|Job Type:||Full Time|
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Web application development and integration knowledge and experience (REST, SOAP, J2EE, CGI/Java/ASP servlets).
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platforms, solutions and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML),
- Understanding of solution architecture within web and mobile environments. Technical experience of web/internet related technologies, architecture across SAAS, PAAS and IAAS, and cloud productivity suites.
- Understanding of DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ, Load Balancing, VPN, VPC.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As customers start their exploration into cloud computing, you'll be there to shape and execute technical business strategies, acting as a trusted advisor to our clients and helping them to realize maximum business value from Google Cloud. You'll assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers, while also liaising with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and to devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers & developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work hand-in-hand with account executives to explore opportunities from the technical perspective, and collaboratively set the opportunity pursuit strategy. Develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments and scoping out migration workloads.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.