|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. We employ more than 53,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand but also in the Asia-Pacific region, South America and Southern Africa.
Transport Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business continues to secure further opportunities Nationally as we continue to build on our reputation of meeting and delivering on Australia’s major Transportation needs.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic Cost Controller to join our Metronet Project Team. Responsible for reporting on the financial position of the Project and the management of overhead costs, assistance with the compilation of budgets and forecasts for the business unit. Particular focus will include month end reporting for all projects within the business unit together with oversight of project invoicing, debt collection and project related cost inputs into project accounts.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to analyse and interpret project financial information is crucial to the successful performance of this role.
- Preferably a CPA or equivalent tertiary accounting qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ accounting experience in similar industry/projects
- Experience ensuring compliance of cost control systems
- Forecasting, interpretation of financial statements, ability to assess financial health, accuracy, risk identification, methodical, identify trends, interpret financial data
- Strong communication skills to engage effectively with the Project Manager, design and delivery team, subcontractors and the client with regards to all matters pertaining to project budgets;
- High level of attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- An attractive remuneration package along with an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment within a highly successful, ASX listed organisation
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion. If you are focused and aspired to grow your career in a challenging and leading-edge environment, you will have a future with great possibilities with us.
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on “Apply Now” button.
Applications must be submitted through the on-line portal. For more information about this position please contact Meemee Nilawongse via email firstname.lastname@example.org
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS