|Job Type:||Full Time|
Functional Area: Legal Affairs
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity
We are now looking to recruit a Group Legal Counsel to be based in Melbourne, Australia. The main scope of the work is contractual and negotiation support in relation with customers, suppliers, and partners. With guidance from Senior Group Legal Counsels, the Group Legal Counsel will be expected to support internal clients and uphold a high service level in doing so. Equally importantly, you will provide guidance and advice, demonstrate the highest level integrity and have strong business acumen. You will also keep as your focus the interest of the Ericsson Group as-a-whole.
- Provide high quality and highly efficient legal support to identified Ericsson clients;
- Provide legal advice and risk-assessments to the Customer Unit Australia and New Zealand (CU ANZA) and to certain other Units within the Market Area South East Asia, Oceania and India (MOAI) on all kinds of matters; e.g. contractual and relevant regulatory matters;
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements and other legal documents;
- Prepare and provide legal training to internal clients;
- Keep track of relevant new or changed legislation;
- Manage outside counsel and other external advisors.
- Bachelor of Law or equivalent;
- Current Australian legal practicing certificate.
Experience and Traits:
- Qualified lawyer with 3 to 5 years of experience at a mid to large size law firm or large in-house legal team; experience in telecommunications, ICT, intellectual property, data protection and security and competition law (or desire to specialize in these areas)
- Cultural awareness;
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills;
- Team spirit and ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent networking ability and communication and social skills
- High level of integrity and courage;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage competing priorities.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here:https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.