|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join a defence industry leader that encourages innovation and flexible work practices
- A leadership role that will drive business improvement initiatives for the IM&T delivery stream
- Location Adelaide, South Australia
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
As a result of growth within our business, we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Operational Excellence Manager to join our Information Management and Technology (IM&T) leadership team based in Adelaide, South Australia.
Our IM&T department provides sustainable, best in class, end-to-end services to our customers throughout Australia. We live and breathe our company behaviours of strategic vision, creativity, adaptability, collaboration, develops people, integrity, courage and inspiration.
The Operational Excellence Manager will report to the Director of IM&T and is responsible for leading the identification and design of business improvement initiatives to support improvement of IM&T capability, innovation and digitalisation to deliver against the strategy.
You will be a highly motivated and inspirational leader, passionate about innovation with exceptional change management capabilities and use these skills to transform the way we operate and deliver to the business. You will use your expertise and inspirational style to influence business transformation and lead a transient team of subject matter experts to create and implement new ways of working. You will be responsible for the whole transformation process so must be an adaptive and creative thinker and be an expert influencer of senior stakeholders.
You will be involved in regular interstate travel to BAE Systems Australia sites.
About the role
As part of the IM&T Lead Team, you will:
- Develop and implement IM&T strategies, policies and practices
- Work closely with the Director IM&T to develop and review the overall ICT budgets, operating and capital
- Make recommendations for improvements and develop alternative financial scenarios
- Identify and design opportunities to improve capability, innovation and digitalisation across IM&T to deliver the strategy
- Identify and design new ways of working and engagement with the wider business
- Manage and lead regular compliance, maturity and audit reviews executed within the IM&T function
- Work with and support PMO to deliver operational excellence initiatives and projects
- Work with the people organisation to develop and implement strategies for IM&T people capability
- Lead the communications and change service
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering effective ICT governance
- Substantial experience and demonstrated understanding of ICT financial management approaches with the ability to formulate; implement and manage internal controls, systems and processes
- Substantial experience and high-level knowledge of ICT portfolio management with the ability to formulate, implement and manage internal controls, systems and processes
- Thorough knowledge of industry standard portfolio, program and project management methodologies and their use in driving effective and efficient governance, investment and decision making
- Demonstrated experience of transforming an area of ICT and successfully implementing the change including high level stakeholder engagement
Tertiary qualifications in information technology or information management is essential in the role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
As a Defence Security Clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative vetting Level 1 Security Clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.