|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Opportunity to join BOQ's Compliance team
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to support the Senior Manager Retail Compliance by providing compliance incident management and compliance advice to BOQ Group stakeholders to deliver an effective compliance framework and ensure that legal and regulatory obligations are met.
This position will provide advice to business areas on requirements and application of obligations including but not limited to the Corporations Act, National Consumer Credit Protection Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act and Rules, Privacy Act, Prudential Standards and the Banking Code of Practice. In addition, you will work closely with other compliance and risk staff across the BOQ Group to promote a positive compliance culture and ensure policy and processes are implemented and maintained in line with requirements.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide accurate and timely compliance advice, attend meetings as required
- Provide incident management and compliance reports
- Contribute to creation/improvement of policies, standards and procedures
- Work closely with Senior Management
- Assist with embedding of new requirements
- Assist the Senior Manager Retail Compliance with other tasks as required
We are seeking an individual with demonstrated experience in a similar role with the below skills and attributes:
- Prior experience in regulatory compliance within the banking industry
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Compliance, Legal, Risk or Business
- Demonstrated knowledge working across the Corporations Act, National Consumer Credit Protection Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act and Rules, APRA Prudential Standards, ASIC regulatory guides and the Banking Code of Practice
- Involvement in compliance incident management
- Providing advice to senior management and committees
- Ability to research and interpret law and regulation, staying informed of changing requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to provide advice to senior management and committees
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.