RACQ is as much a part of Queensland as our people. Together we exist to make life better for each other, our members, and every Queenslander, through finding better and smarter ways of doing things. With almost 1.8 million members, we’re big enough to make a real difference in our community, yet small enough to nurture your professional and personal development.
Working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, the role involves developing, driving and executing effective media and advocacy campaigns to protect and enhance the reputation of RACQ as the State’s peak motoring body.
- Research and write media releases and other content for exposure in traditional media channels
- Assist the wider external communications team in driving newsworthy content within very tight deadlines
- Advise spokespeople on managing media and protecting the brand
- Coordinate media responses and interviews for both reactive and proactive opportunities
- Engage with members and the public through RACQ’s social media channels, devising and developing creative, made-for social content
- Edit and approve advocacy editorial content to assist the Manager External Communications and General Manager Corporate Communications
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media representatives and RACQ stakeholders
- Monitor feedback on all social media platforms, including participating in an out-of-hours on-call roster.
This is a full-time, seven-month contract opportunity to cover parental leave.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled media relations expert looking to learn from one of Queensland’s busiest corporate communications teams.
- Degree qualified in either Journalism, Public Relations, Media Communications or similar
- 5 years in a similar role, with Government experience highly regarded
- Proven and superior ability to manage media relations activities in a professional, strategic, effective and timely manner
- Proven planning and organisational ability, particularly in the management and delivery of media and other communication strategies
- Superior written communication skills, including media releases, publications, online content, speech and report writing
- High level of interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise and negotiate with stakeholders to achieve superior outcomes
- Proven ability to combine diplomacy and persuasiveness in dealings with external and internal stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Proven ability to work under pressure, to prioritise and to meet competing deadlines
- Proven ability to provide effective media and communications advice/strategies at senior level
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of new media channels
- Ability to supervise and direct the work of others
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of social media best practice and trends. Which platforms to use and how they can be deployed to maximum effect.
RACQ is committed to ensuring that every employee has access to flexibility in their role. We encourage all candidates to discuss what flexibility means to you, and how we can help you find your balance.
Working at RACQ brings some great benefits including modern offices close to transport, food and shopping, free Roadside Assistance and significantly discounted RACQ products & services, for you and your family.
Please Note ; we do not accept third party or emailed applications. You may be required to complete video interviews, psychometric testing, a medical and/or criminal history check as part of the application process.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.racq.com.au/about/careers/our-recruitment-process