|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Lead Portfolio Architect, to join us in our Wellington office.
About the team
Our Engineering & Architecture team sits within our Technology area of the business. You will be joining us at an exciting time as we continue to evolve, scale and transform Xero’s architecture to support our customer needs around the globe. This opportunity supports our Payments & Billing Solutions (PBS) product portfolio that focuses on helping small business customers get paid and make payments.
About the role
The Lead Portfolio Architect is responsible for the overall technical direction of our Payments & Billing solutions portfolio. You will define and lead the execution of the technical runway that supports the development and evolution of features, decouples components from the existing codebase, and improves developer productivity, performance, security and data stewardship.
You will work closely with General Managers and Product Managers to ensure the overall technical roadmap is closely aligned to and integrated into their agreed plans. As well as support other technical leaders for each portfolio to create technical roadmaps that describe the technical direction for each portfolio and form part of the relevant technical roadmap.
You will build an effective team of architects that continually improves and is respected by the development teams for helping them deliver value to our customers. Provide line management and coaching for architects within the team, including 1:1s, personal development plans and pastoral care. For any work where it is agreed the architecture team lead the execution of that work, you will ensure that the work is effectively managed.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Extensive experience in developing web-based software applications
- A demonstrated ability to envision large-scale web-based services that meet consumer customer/stakeholder needs or solve business problems.
- You will be familiar with multiple software development methodologies and styles
- You will have contributed to one or more open source projects.
- Knowledge of internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revision control systems.
- You will be familiar with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
- You will have the ability to discern business and user requirements and develop technical requirements from them.
- The ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- The ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You will bring superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
You will also enjoy all of the perks that comes with being a Xero:
- Xero shares, life insurance and enhanced leave
- A bright modern office with plenty of break out spaces
- Casual dress code
- Career development and ongoing training
- Barista coffee machines and free fresh fruit every day
- Access to wellness programs, discounted gym memberships, fitness classes
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and is Rainbow Tick accredited too.