|Job Type:||Full Time|
Optus’ Data and Analytics Centre of Excellence’s (DnA COE) purpose is to deliver a full data and analytics capability, to help Optus to transform into a customer-centric data-led organisation.
The role of Data Scientist is responsible for supporting the development of our machine learning analytics capability and helping discover information hidden in vast amounts of data, wrangling & engineering that information into predictive & meaningful features for the Optus Unified Customer Analytics Record (UaR) to support data science initiatives.
- Collaborate across with squad members, Product Owners, Tribe Leads, Data Science, Analytics and AI Chapter Leads and others to develop and accelerate the engineering of features and build & deployment of data science assets
- Understand data sources, conduct data discovery, apply basic, complex and/or data science techniques to produce features for automation using a hypothesis driven approach
- Delivery outcomes, e.g. production of features into the Optus Unified Analytics Record (UaR) to deliver Data Science & ML powered insight
- Recommend additional data sources, data discovery and develop new algorithms from big data assets and productionise these to the UaR
- Planning and executing ML and data science (which includes but not limited to propensity modelling, machine learning, mathematical optimisation)
- Maintaining a working knowledge of best practice analytics, tooling, data science environments and modelling techniques, and identifying ways to implement them into the Optus environment
- Assist with the identifying and developing new and emerging trends and working with suppliers to develop new and innovative approaches to analytical modelling
- Work collaboratively in an open, agile environment with flexible working hours and location
- Discounts with over 400 companies Australia wide (Technology, Retail, Home, Fashion and more!)
- Mobile and Broadband staff discounts
- Onsite facilities at Macquarie Park such as a Gym, GP, Mini-Mart, Cafes
- Training, Mentoring and further learning opportunities
- Staff buses to Epping and Wynyard, and back again
Preferred skills and experience include:
- Have a desire to work in an Agile environment – where we take it on, grow & value every voice
- Enjoy being hands-on and possess strong attention to detail
- Be excited to apply your data science knowledge to develop meaningful & predictive features for the wider analytics community
- Be flexible, adaptable to change and enjoy dynamic environments
- Understanding of Big Data and knowledge of Scala, Spark & Hadoop
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative (Engineering, Maths, Economics, Science or IT)
- 5 years’ experience in advanced data analytics or machine learning/AI
- Exposure to engineering real time decision platforms and systems
- Understanding the use of data science to support marketing initiatives
- Proven experience managing projects end to end both individually and within a team
- Experience in managing technical data analysis work
You would be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and multitask several different activities across critical deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!