|Job Type:||Full Time|
- A defence industry leader that encourages innovation and flexible work practices
- Assist in the installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of End User Computing
- Location Edinburgh Parks SA
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Systems Administrator in our End User Computing team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
Our IM&T department provides sustainable, best in class, end-to-end services to our customers throughout Australia. We live and breathe our company behaviours of strategic vision, creativity, adaptability, collaboration, develops people, integrity, courage and inspiration.
As the Systems Administrator for end user computing, you will be responsible for assisting in the installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of End User Computing (EUC) systems and their management infrastructure within project and support teams. These systems include:
- Endpoint devices and their associated operating
- Endpoint and client side applications
- Desktop and application virtualisation platforms
- Enterprise management, configuration and security toolsets, which include Mobile Device Management (MDM), Antivirus and other Advanced Persistent Threat security solutions
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Assist in ensuring that the End User Computing (EUC) environment and its management infrastructure platforms meet the current performance, reliability, and security requirements of the project
- Assist with the planning, design, and implementation of EUC subsystems by utilising vendor resources & relationships and best practice approaches to developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new systems that meet architectural, customer and business requirements
- Assist with the planning and implementation of the upgrade and patching of Windows operating systems and management infrastructure
- Package, deliver and support applications operating within the EUC environment effectively and efficiently
- Assist with the recommendation of hardware and software solutions for customer requirements as they apply to and in support of the EUC environment
- Undertake Incident and Service Request resolution for the services within the portfolio in line with service level expectations
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
- Maintain existing configuration and support documentation
- Educate customers and support teams in EUC environment concepts and troubleshooting techniques
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in an IT customer service and technical support role
- The ability to manage and support the relevant end user computing systems
- Demonstrated ability in the packaging, testing, and deployment of client side applications
- Ability to provide guidance on systems to colleagues, internal stakeholders and customers
- The ability to build effective relationships with business representatives, customers and suppliers
- An organised and motivated approach to work with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- A willingness and capacity to expand knowledge specialising in End User Computing hardware and software solutions
- Demonstrated ability in the administration, and support of a Windows Standardised operating environment (SOE) with a user base in excess of 500 users
- The ability to provide support beyond the normal working hours
Whilst not essential, a degree in information technology, engineering or a similar discipline an ITIL Foundation Certification will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specailist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.