|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re looking for Quality Engineers with a passion for building great products to join our Wellington teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys a collaborative approach to software development and likes to share their knowledge with others. We’re looking for Quality Engineers who can promote quality ownership and processes in their teams, improve our automated testing processes and tools.
We place a lot of emphasis on collaborative working, delivering exceptional code via modern technical practices (Agile, mob programming, CI/CD, feature flagging etc.) and giving our teams autonomy to do their best work their way.
Xero's an inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life, where creativity, innovation and continuous learning are encouraged and celebrated. We value our people and want you to both enjoy and take pride in what you do at work.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a cross-discipline team, working alongside Product Owners and Engineers to deliver robust, high quality software
- In collaboration with team members actively contribute to automated testing, from unit to integration to user-interface testing in order to improve our automated testing tools, frameworks and test coverage
- Perform any necessary testing tasks (exploratory testing, automated testing, functional and non-functional testing etc.)
- Record, track and resolve problems following agreed processes
- Review and contribute to user stories and design of new or improved features
- In collaboration with team members, work on ensuring software fails-fast, from code analysis to builds etc.
- Be a quality champion - share your knowledge, lead and coach others in analysis, testing and quality practices so your team is effective at building quality in
- Contribute to development tasks and be keen to upskill in coding and devOps tasks
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years experience in automated and functional testing, ideally working with web-based technologies
- An interest and an ability to write automated tests at multiple levels
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and quality facilitation skill
- The ability to lead and coach others
- Ability to bring new ideas to the table
- A willingness to be an active and positive member of a highly collaborative and cross-functional agile team and to grow your development skills
What you can look forward to:
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you. Who says you can't have fun while you do the best work of your life?
We see the value in work-life balance, many of us take full advantage of our flexible working arrangements, so whether you like to get a surf in before work, like to head home in time to pick up the kids or you just like working from the comfort of your own home now and then, we want to support you.
We trust you to build your career to the best of your ability and we will support your hunger to learn with training and career mentorship, to help you flourish. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks so join us and experience our awesome culture!
We are interested in how your experience and passion apply to the attributes listed above, so be sure to apply with your CV and a Cover Letter explaining why you’re a great fit!