|Job Type:||Full Time|
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company, creating career opportunities for thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity to join BAC as a Property Project Manager at a time of growth and development to manage and coordinate the delivery of Brisbane Airport’s non terminal real estate projects.
The responsibility of this role is to effectively manage and/or coordinate designated building and civil projects within the landside areas of Brisbane Airport. This requires the utilisation of available resources within the Brisbane Airport broader stakeholder groups to the required standards and within approved Development Management Plan (DMP) and Corporation policies.
Key deliverables associated with this role include provision of timely and efficient construction services advice to the Property Group as directed.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implement and monitor BAC’s WHS systems across all elements of project delivery and development.
- Manage and co-ordinate the delivery of the Property Team projects in accordance with the Property Group, Development Management Plan (DMP).
- Support Property Development Managers in the delivery of nominated projects, primarily through appointed external project managers.
- Regularly report to Senior management on all project status including programs, capex forecasts, variations, contract status, approvals status, etc.
- Ensure each appointed external project managers are managing the delivery of Brisbane Airport’s projects professionally, in accordance with authorities and regulations, and all stakeholders.
- Investigate and assess proposed briefs by tenant agents, contractors, consultants and clients (internal/external).
- Co-ordinate project expenditure contracts and consultancy agreements.
- Prepare and administer construction contracts as directed to a high standard, specifically undertaking the duties of a Principal’s Representative Delegate and coordinate with the appointed Principal’s Representative and Property Development Manager.
- Review progress claims, variations, and extensions of time claims and coordinate relevant approvals.
- Coordinate and manage BAC internal stakeholder engagement process in accordance with the DMP.
- Liaise as necessary with Commonwealth, State and Local Authorities including Airport Building Controller and Airport Environment Officer.
- Build and maintain communication and collaborative partnerships with internal departments, customers and applicable external stakeholders.
Experience and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management and other related discipline (Project Management or Engineering).
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in managing and delivering commercial and/or industrial development projects on time, on budget and within scope.
- Experience in the functional planning and design of building.
- Experience in undertaking building condition reports and audits and writing technical reports and briefs.
- Experience in appointing, managing and coordinating design engineers and consultants.
- Understanding of construction codes and Australian Standard contract conditions is desirable.
- Good understanding of design management and value engineering.
- Contractor-side experience.
Knowledge & Technical Proficiency
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety legislation.
- Understanding of all relevant Authority By-Laws, Construction Codes and Standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of airport operations and security regulations.
- Understanding of relevant Environmental Acts and Regulations.
- Ability to prepare building briefs, consultancy deeds and contract documents.
- Knowledge of standard building contract documentation.
- Familiar with standard contract terms and conditions and their administration.
- Sound level of oral and written and communication skills with particular experience with stakeholders.
- Regulations 1997, AOM and SOPs
What's on offer
This is an opportunity to join a company already a leader in its field in Australia and utilise your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue our successful growth. BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment.
If you believe you have the drive and experience to succeed in this role, please click apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encourage to apply.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal prior to the listed closing date.
To view our Privacy collection statement please highlight and right click to follow this link:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?