|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Aerospace Engineering leadership position available with flexible work practices
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Chief Engineer – Hawk Lead In Fighter Aircraft in our team in Williamtown (Newcastle), New South Wales location.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity now exists for a talented Chief Engineer – Hawk Lead In Fighter Aircraft to demonstrate their leadership and engineering expertise within our Aerospace business and on our successful HAWK Lead-in Fighter 25-year life program. This key leadership position will report to the Program Manager and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Provide engineering technical leadership on the design, analysis, and development of all projects in the Hawk aircraft engineering portfolio
- Provide leadership, coach and develop the engineering team
- Collaborate with the Aerospace Leadership Team and key stakeholders and provide guidance and advice on the delivery of the engineering products and services to meet program needs
- Communicate technical issues, status, and assessments to internal and external customers and suppliers
- Support ongoing engineering proposal efforts and participate on proposal teams to ensure technical feasibility
- Ensure that product integrity is maintained and technical standards and requirements are met through development, production, embodiment, and maintenance activities
- Support programmatic execution including schedule and cost
- Continuously improve engineering technical processes and program technical team performance
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A relevant tertiary engineering degree combined with Chartered Professional Engineer status
- Extensive aviation engineering experience in both a design and sustainment environment
- Leadership experience with the ability to manage, coach and develop engineering teams
- The demonstrated ability to make high stake airworthiness and technical decisions
- The self-motivation and the ability to work effectively with others and influence across all levels of the business
- The eligibility to be appointed as a Head of Design (Form 4 holder) under Defence Aviation Safety Regulation (DASR)
Whilst not essential, Hawk aircraft engineering experience or experience holding and exercising delegated Engineering Technical Authority under a formal engineering governance framework will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.