|Job Type:||Full Time|
You and your new role:
Your entry into the world of tomorrow and data as a Data Steward Partner. With a strong focus on communication, consulting, education and engagement in addition to guiding and assisting Data Stewards, you will be part of NAB’s Data Stewards Partner Team to improve the Data Steward experience, and adoption of Data Governance frameworks and key initiatives using data to help transform NAB.
You will be pivotal in the better management, use and appreciation of data across the enterprise through the broad network of Data Stewards to adopt and promote good practices to support NAB manage data risk, improve data quality, and understand the importance of addressing data issues to achieve its business objectives and meet customer demands.
You will play an important role in understanding the challenges faced by the business and demonstrating how adopting good data governance practices will contribute to helping solve these problems and improve operational efficiency. A key focus for you will be to guide and empower Data Stewards to undertake their roles and responsibilities to create a data driven culture.
Day to day you will:
- Consult and gather feedback from the Data Stewards, and other teams and Enterprise Data initiatives to understand they are seeking to achieve to optimise engagement and communication between all parties to maximise effort and investment in data initiatives and deliver data steward experiences and actions that drive impactful outcomes
- Undertaking analysis of feedback to identify opportunities for improvement to maximise adoption Data Governance frameworks, protocols and processes
- Work closely with the Data Stewards, building and fostering relationships to keep them abreast of Data Governance frameworks and initiatives such as Data Quality Issue Management and Data Quality Measurement, Lineage and related data initiatives, projects or issues relevant to their business and technical portfolio(s)
- Work with the Data Steward Partner Team to develop communication and engagement strategies including the creation of a compelling narrative around the business value of data steward activity and support the development of content, tools and platforms to maximise good data governance practices and behaviours
- Lead Data Stewards and stakeholders on a journey, helping them understand the data ecosystem, educating and influencing where necessary, to support the of NAB’s delivery of the Data and Analytics Strategy
A strong focus will be placed on the applicant’s analytical, influencing and communication skills and ability to engage/motivate others adopt and promote Data Governance frameworks and protocols to achieve business objectives and meet customer demands.
Your skills and experience:
Most importantly, we need you to show the right attitude: be ready to quickly learn new concepts, adapt and innovate, working in an evolving environment. You will have to demonstrate excellent collaboration skills, an eye for process improvement and a passion for mentoring your peers.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Superior communications skills across visual design, written and oral to manage and build on relationships with stakeholders at different levels
- Good technical or aptitude for understanding the management and use of data, Data Governance principles and concepts
- Strong influencing consulting, business analysis and organisational skills with a problem solving and can-do attitude
- Good understanding or interest in enabling enhanced decision making by the better management and use of data and information
- Good understanding of communicating, managing and mapping a substantial group of stakeholders, whilst developing and implementing strategies to support adoption of good data governance practices and behaviours
Your new team
We know that life’s about more than money. That’s why we’re so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers.
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.