|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
We are looking for a Senior HR manager who is passionate about influencing and impacting high growth and dynamic businesses through effective management (both proactive and reactive) of employee relations and related activities. This person will be a member of the team accountable for managing employee relations cases across organizations at Microsoft while analyzing trends and building linkages to management development, retention efforts, and HR business intelligence activity.
This role will be based in Sydney.
- Partner with the HR Lead on developing the strategy for employee relations at Microsoft Australia, including the implementation of global education and policy content, and the development and delivery of local education initiatives.
- Liaise with other organisations across Microsoft who work in related areas of Employee Relations Leadership, ensuring good collaboration and communication between the teams. Take an active role in the Asia HR community as a subject-matter-expert on employee relations and investigations, assisting in the strengthening of process, skills and employee experience.
- Manage a case load of employee relations and/or investigation issues, partnering with managers and business leaders on issues including policy violations, and investigations; managing cases from beginning to conclusion
- Improve manager capability by providing expert level coaching to managers and employees.
- Uphold the highest quality employee relations process and practices, while demonstrating empathy, employee advocacy and fairness to all.
- Leverage your insights to influence all levels of the organization and effectively handling complex employee situations that could have high organizational impact
- Partner across line HR to organize trainings for managers on preventing employee relations issues, effective management of performance cases, giving performance feedback, employee engagement and retention, compensation analytics, and other topics related to manager effectiveness
- Utilize consulting skills to effectively contract work with clients and line HR
- Employee Relations Case Management – You will be responsible for effectively resolving a caseload of varying complexity in a professional and timely manner while ensuring that you are adhering to Microsoft’s policies and guidelines and mitigating potential risks to the company. You will employ a variety of tactics and adapt to the various situations in each part of the organization.
- Analysis and Recommendations – By tracking cases and crossing this with other organizational data, you will be well positioned to analyze trends and identify issues in and across teams. You will work with line HR to address these issues and also use proactive measures to prevent future ones from occurring.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The skill to influence others, develop and maintain working relationships, and deliver results and/or expertise for a client in a professional manner
- Employee Relations - Knowledge of Employee Relations that can deal with a wide variety of employee needs and concerns, such as employee communications, benefits, policies and procedures, morale, employee participation in management decisions, conflict and grievance resolution, trade unions, etc.
- Employee Investigations - Knowledge of Investigations, the conduct of a review, exploration, examination, and/or evaluation of records, events, activities, claims, products, behaviors and other actions in order to discover information relevant to the objectives of the investigation. This includes the ability to address the result of the investigation according to policy and in the interest of the organization.
- Performance Management - Knowledge of and the ability to carry out performance management procedures. This includes the ability to clearly set and communicate performance expectations and goals, monitor performance, conduct performance evaluations, provide ongoing performance feedback, create developmental plans, and correct performance problems.
- Negotiations - The ability to achieve mutually satisfying agreements in negotiations with others by listening to their objectives, acting as the company's representative to effectively communicate the company's objective, and seeking common ground and collaborative solutions.
- Data Analysis - The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications of data, draw conclusions, generate alternatives and solutions, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative using quality metrics and data. This includes the ability to convert general data and findings into applied, specific information and suggestions that add value to business planning and strategies.
- Human Resources Business Processes - Knowledge of Human Resources activities and business operations from beginning to end, including interactions with other business processes and functions
- 9+ years of work experience with Human Resources or related processes OR 7+ years of work experience with Human Resources or related processes with Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Human Resources Professional Certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR, SHRM)
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 3+ years of experience partnering with a wide network of clients and across Human Resources to deliver effective business solutions
- 3+ years of experience in people management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.