|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bring your project controls knowledge to kick start your career in the defence project management space
- Supportive leadership who is committed to your career development
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Project Controller in our Project Management team located at Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
As a result of significant growth within our business, we are seeking a Project Controller to join our project controls team. This team are responsible for supporting the correct use of the company Earned Value Management (EVM) System so that the project management team can adequately monitor and report on project cost and schedule progress.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Establish and manage the initial project cost and schedule baseline
- Establish and maintain the Contract Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS), dictionary, index, master project schedule and cost account detailed schedules
- Establish and maintain work package level budgets and EV techniques
- Integrate the overall project schedule
- Establish the project authorisation and other project budget documentation
- Provide assistance to the project team in the use of the cost and schedule tools including Open Plan, Microsoft Project and Cobra
- Enter all baseline data in using the recommended schedule tools
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated cost schedule analysis or project controls experience using Earned Value Management or similar
- An ability to see patterns, trends or missing pieces and communicate these to varied audiences
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to communicate and articulate information with senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner
- The ability to work closely with both projects and function and deliver presentations at meetings
Whilst not essential Tertiary qualifications in engineering, commercial or project management will be highly regarded for this role.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Michelle Dawson, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.