|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is looking for enthusiastic engineers to join a feature team within Jira Service Desk in Sydney. As part of the team, you'll join a group of friendly and passionate individuals who are responsible for proving a great product experience to Jira Service Desk. We are passionate about data and use it to guide all our decisions. If you're empathetic and interested in crafting custom solutions to customer problems, we want to hear from you.
More about our team
Work with a team of amazing developers and designers to build simple, elegant and consistent user experiences for Jira Service Desk product. We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. Our team members are honest and direct and we ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are driven but team oriented. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in 'lean'. We know the importance of validating our assumptions about customers and implement various types of testing to prove whether our assumptions were right or wrong. Our ultimate mission is to improve user experience, no matter what.
On your first day we'd love for you to have:
- Keen interest in open source and learning new technologies
- Understanding of how to build performant, decoupled, testable, maintainable code
- Enjoyment of sharing knowledge with teammates, and working collaboratively when you need help
- Passion for delivering value to customers
It's great, but not required, for you to have:
- We're heavily using React, and we write all new code with ES6 features, so familiarity with some or all of these is helpful
- Some industry experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Understanding of typical web application, SOA and micro-services patterns.
- Knowledge of open source libraries, tools and frameworks (e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, building)
- Ability and willingness to learn new programming languages, frameworks and paradigms
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.