|Location:||New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
CIMIC Group companies Pacific Partnerships, UGL and CPB Contractors, as part of the Momentum Trains consortium, have been selected by Transport for NSW to deliver the $1.26 billion Regional Rail Project as a design, build, finance and maintain contract at Dubbo. The project will commence in early 2019, with the first trains to enter service progressively from 2023. CIMIC Group has led the consortium’s development of the project, with Pacific Partnerships providing leadership and equity financing for the contract term. CPB Contractors will design, construct and commission the maintenance facility at Dubbo, whilst UGL will maintain both the fleet of 117 rail cars and the maintenance facility.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Senior Project Engineer, Building will be involved in managing and providing direction to the project team to deliver the project in accordance with the specified requirements and client expectations.
Located in Dubbo, this role will also
- Contribute to a culture of 'Safety underpins everything we do’.
- Manage the effective set-up, delivery and completion of the project including establishing relevant systems
- Manage and monitoring the completion of the project to ensure programme, budget, quality, environmental and contractual obligations are achieved and taking prompt corrective action where required
- Review design and construction plans, schedules, temporary works designs, method statements and job safety analysis and quality
- Monitor project progress against the programme and budget
- Prepare accurate project reports and provide reporting on project risks and opportunities
- Effectively assigning tasks to project team members to deliver the required outputs to agreed specifications
- Ensure the project is adequately resourced to deliver project requirements in the with the programme and contractual agreements
- Monitor KPIs and productivity analysis against programme and budget
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Previous experience in a Project Engineer role on a medium-large building construction project
- Demonstrated commercial experience to include planning up to 3 months ahead, weekly reporting on progress against plan and cost, reporting on risk and developing and implementing risk treatment plans
- Exposure to procurement processes including the development of tender packages
- Strong attitude and awareness of Safety
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills; and negotiation and influencing skills
- A problem solver and strategic thinker
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.