|Job Type:||Full Time|
Jira is one of the most popular and powerful development tools for software teams in the world! Atlassian is looking for an experienced and driven Senior Frontend Engineer. You'll be responsible for the design, build and maintenance of product and platform experiences that powers Jira Cloud. Using your programming expertise and deep understanding of modern web architectures, you will help future-proof our established product by designing, implementing, integrating and tuning new features for our customers. You'll be directly impacting the customer experience for Jira's more than 100,000 customers.
More about our team
You'll work as part of a high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements for Jira Cloud, having input into the direction of the future of Jira. We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. Our teams are smart and support each other to constantly improve our work. We are driven but collaborative. We know the importance of validating our assumptions about users and implement various types of testing to prove assumptions right or wrong. Our bottom line is improving our user's experience and make Jira an awesome product.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Keen interest in open source and learning new technologies
- Understanding of how to build performant, decoupled, testable, maintainable code
- Enjoyment of sharing knowledge with teammates, and working collaboratively when you need help
- Clearly understand the end-to-end journey from architecting to developing and delivering the code to production.
It's great if you have:
- Industry experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Understanding of typical web application like single page application and server side rendering.
- Knowledge of open source libraries, tools and frameworks (e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, building).
- Experience in leading program of work.
- Ability and willingness to learn new programming languages, frameworks and paradigms.
- Familiarity with Java - advantage
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.