|Job Type:||Full Time|
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The $2.4 billion Parramatta Light Rail will connect Westmead to Carlingford via the Parramatta CBD and Camellia with a 12-kilometre, two-way light rail track. Parramatta Connect (CPB Contractors and Downer EDI Joint Venture) has been engaged by Transport for NSW to complete the construction of the light rail track, roadworks, stop platforms, and transport interchanges at Westmead, Parramatta CBD and Carlingford. Upon its completion the light rail will transport 28,000 people every day to key destinations, new communities and essential services. It is expected to open in 2023.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Project Accountant to join our team in Parramatta.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of the financial administration processes including project documentation and control, JDE application, assets on project, cash management, foreign exchange/commodity risk, JV Loan and staff time & cost
- Control and support various financial reporting obligations
- Managing the interface with parent companies over recharges through administration of the JV Deed.
- Timely and accurate information for preparation of cashflow statements and preparation and submission of Partner Loan Agreements
- To establish, implement, produce and monitor effective finance, tax, accounting, payroll or administration related governance, procedures and management reporting for Parramatta Connect
- Coordination and management of the accounting requirements project wide for Parramatta Connect and ensuring the appropriate level of support for the project team and wider project team as required
- Liaise with and facilitate with CPB Contractors and Downer for corporate accounting requirements
- Tertiary (Bachelor) degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business
- CA/CPA Qualified
- Project experience within the rail, transport, construction, mining & resources or engineering industries - desirable
- Ability to manage and be accountable for multiple competing deadlines
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed time management skills including prioritising and multi-tasking
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
WHAT WE OFFER
- A generous remuneration package and the foundation of a career with stability and continued career development and flexible working arrangement as we continue to expand as a business.
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
If you are enthusiastic and dedicated to establishing and growing your career, we’d love to speak to you! Hit apply now or contact Marie Hetherington for more information at Marie.Hetherington@downergroup.com.