|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Seeking and experience Senior Learning and Development Officer to join our Central Operations Services team
- Located at Camperdown/ Darlington Campus
- Full-time, fixed term position (18 months) with a base salary of $121k plus generous superannuation
About the opportunity
Excellent opportunity for a Senior Learning and Development Officer to develop, manage and deliver effective learning and development frameworks and programs across the Central Operations Services (COS) unit to ensure that staff have the capabilities to meet customer expectations. This position will see you take on a range of responsibilities including, but not limited to;
- coordinating the development, delivery and evaluation of staff learning and development programs,
- working with COS leadership to implement and ebbed the new COS operating model
- identifying and recommending areas of improvement in Organisational Development activities, services and policies
- collaborating with subject matter expertise and HR partners to provide COS leaders with advice on learning and organisational development strategies
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Service Engagement Executive Officer who can demonstrate:
- extensive experience in learning and developing best practice
- experience in providing expert advice, training and support to management
- awareness of emerging and effective HR related trends and practices that inform good practice
- leadership skill with the ability to coach and mentor a L&D team
- experience identifying and recommending areas of improvement related to organization development
As part of the Operations portfolio, COS is responsible for the strategic asset management of the University’s infrastructure assets and the delivery of customer centric, quality operational services for our internal clients (staff, researchers, academics and ultimately students). COS consists of five portfolios that collectively achieve this objective:
- Technical Services Support (TSS), including MYLAB
- Asset Management and Operations
- Shared Services Centre
- Service Excellence & Innovation, including enablement functions such as Metrics & Reporting, L&D, Strategy, Continuous Improvement, Contract Management, WHS, Planning & scheduling etc.
- Health, Safety, Environment & Compliance, Assurance
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2701/1219F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Wednesday 5 February 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.