|Job Type:||Full Time|
Build your career and Australia’s future!
A new and exciting opportunity has become available to join our team as Head of Regional Community Affairs WA forming part of our new Regional Development and Engagement division, reporting directly to the General Manager of nbn Local as part of this business unit.
Please note, we will only be considering regionally located candidates in WA for this round of applications.
A bit about the role
The Head of Regional Community Affairs role sits within the Regional Development and Engagement team in Regional WA at nbn. The purpose of the role is to develop, maintain and leverage strong relationships with government and community stakeholders in order to deliver on nbn’s commercial objectives. This role is crucial to enhancing community understanding, positivity and rapid take-up of the nbn to increase our brand reputation within areas including federal electorate offices, MPs, state government, councils, advocacy and policy groups, regional development groups, business stakeholder groups and community stakeholder groups. The Head of Regional Community Affairs will also be responsible for managing a virtual team across the division to ensure a customer focused approach to high-risk end user issues. This role will be directly responsible for creating a high performing culture across multiple functions to ensure the timely resolution of issues which are likely to present a media or brand risk to the business.
The focus of your role will be to:
- Develop strong and supportive relationships with key stakeholders through an integrated external communications strategy to ensure stakeholders are effectively engaged, informed and actively supporting the nbn
- Implement engagement framework to develop relationships with Federal electorate offices and MPs
- Develop strategy, optimise effectiveness and drive change management across the nbn Regional Affairs virtual team
- Drive delivery of the local community engagement program through activities that support nbn commercial targets including RSP events, community communications channels, development of community advocates and more
- Engage and collaborate with internal nbn teams to ensure an integrated approach to community engagement
- Support the delivery the broader nbn KPIs through effective community engagement (including Government & Shareholder expectations, network build & media coverage)
- Ensure tracking & reporting impact of nbn Regional Affairs activities are identified and implemented for optimisation opportunities
- Lead, engage and develop a small nbn Regional Affairs team including potential remote management to deliver a high-performance team culture with clearly defined objectives
- Act as media spokesperson where relevant
A bit about you
To be successful in this role, you will be regionally located and have a strong background working in a complex stakeholder environment ideally within in the telecommunications or consulting industries. Ideally, you will have gained exposure working with regional, rural and remote communities to be able to confidently influence and engage these particular audiences. You will be passionate about building relationships and thrive in a high pressured, fast-paced environment. Your background in driving high performing teams, developing top talent and leading by example, will align suitably with your excellent verbal and written communication skills. Your in-depth understanding of commercial acumen will have you results-focused, whilst being able to set and track program metrics and strategies to optimise return on investment. You will also have experience with various media channels. Finally, your existing experience of working in large enterprises dealing with high levels of complexity will see you succeed in this role.
An understanding of nbn Products and Process is highly desirable in this role.
Life at nbn
Please note that this role will be available in a permanent position.
We make it easier for people from any career background to thrive. You’ll benefit from formal learning programs to support ongoing development in professional and business capabilities. There are also a number of informal, on the job learning opportunities to help further your development.
The nbn™ broadband access network is delivering the technology that will shape Australia’s future. As one of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia’s history, working at nbn is a once in a lifetime career opportunity, where no two days are the same.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We strive to ensure that any barriers that may exist are removed to allow everyone equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, regardless of factors such as gender, those who identify as First Peoples, LGBTI+ status, cultural background or disability. We actively focus on encouraging diversity and ensuring that all our people have a fair opportunity to reach their career aspirations and potential.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.