|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders at NAB
- Work in a strong customer-focused environment
- Have the opportunity work on wide and varied range of matters including significant and high profile litigation and regulatory investigations
About the role
The DR&RI team plays a crucial role in the NAB Group’s management of its legal, regulatory and reputational risks through: managing actual or potential litigation, advising on significant regulatory investigation and inquiries; and partnering with the business to manage significant reputational issues. This role will have a key focus on regulatory investigations and litigation.
What you will be doing
- Providing high quality, consistent, commercially relevant, timely, efficient legal advice to NAB
- Providing advice to minimize reputational damage and best manage relationships with customers and regulators
- Identifing and escalating issues, risks, breaches (and potential breaches) to relevant stakeholders and assisting in the managemnt and advice in respect of those risks
- Mentoring and supervision to more junior members of the Dispute Resolution and Regulatory Investigations team
What you’ll bring
To be successful in this role, you will:
- You will have at least 12 years post admission experience in private and/or in-house legal practice
- Prior experience in a role providing advice in relation to regulatory investigations is preferred
- You will hold a Bachelor of Laws qualification, be admitted to Practice as a Barrister or Solicitor of a Supreme Court and hold a current Legal Practicing Certificate in VIC or NSW
- You will have technical competency and experience in relation to the Corporations Act, Consumer Law, and the Banking Code of Conduct
- Be practical, autonomous and commercially astute with a strong legal and reputational risk management skills and be customer
- Clear thinking and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
What we continue to offer
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. You can learn more about these at http://www.nab.com.au/about-us/careers/working-at-nab/benefits
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangement to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we service.
Have a chat to us about how our support of workplace flexibility can work for you.
How to apply
Are you ready to join a team where you are encouraged and supported to constantly strive and challenge yourself? Bring your expertise into this award-winning in-house team!
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please apply via the link.
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.