|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Ongoing learning and career development opportunities, including global secondments
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements
- A culture focused on agile, collaborative working environments supported by cutting edge technology and virtual systems
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change and drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG's Technology Advisory practice shows organisations how to better align their technology capabilities with their strategic and operational objectives. We focus on how to maximise the value of the technology investment and we work with our clients to identify, prioritise, design, and better manage these investments. We help develop technology strategies, we provide advice on the design and implementation of contemporary technology operating models, and we advise organisations on how to extract optimum value from people, partners, and assets. In addition, we provide pre and post-deal technology advisory services.
We are looking for suitably experienced Manager/Senior Consultant to join our growing Sydney team, who is passionate about technology Advisory and Due – Diligence with strong experience of the M&A lifecycle from strategy development, target mapping, through to transaction reporting, Day 1 preparation, 100 day planning and post-merger integration/ separation. This exciting opportunity will require you to play an active management role in continuing to grow the practice, as part of an experienced and innovative team.
- The role includes performance of technology due diligence reviews, provision of technical and operational advice and support on buy-side, sell-side, IPO and re-financing projects from inception to completion.
- Analysis and mapping of financial data depicting and commenting on operational technology cost trends, and capital requirements.
- Diligence and advice on opportunities for cost and revenue improvement through technology innovations and targeted capital investment.
- Research and analysis of IT information including IT cost data, IT contracts and IT qualitative information, underpinned by a broad and deep understanding of core aspects of a typical IT function / operating model, including strategy, governance structures, service delivery, processes and data and reporting.
- Provision of strategic advice related to contemporary IT architecture concepts and common IT architecture tasks such as standardising technology, and consolidating and centralising technology resources to improve delivery of IT through reduction of administrative and cost overhead.
- Leveraging best practice IT security frameworks and methodologies to provide optimal advice supporting risk mitigation across the deal lifecycle.
- Planning IT integrations and separations through detailed analysis of the IT landscape for buy and sell side at - current state, deal close and future state/s.
- Managing IT integrations and separations implementing solutions to deliver the designed end-state either within a larger team or as an advisor on smaller engagements
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- A passion for deals and technology across the M&A lifecycle and delivering solutions in a fast-paced exciting environment.
- Experience of IT advisory/consulting within a professional services environment.
- A strong understanding of separation and / or consolidation of the IT function including people, processes and the full technology stack in M&A environments.
- Deep knowledge in one or more industry sectors and broad IT experience across multiple industries.
- Experience and knowledge of contemporary IT architectures, security and contracting models, and Cloud / IAAS and SAAS delivery models. Also new and emerging IT trends, e.g. augmented analytics, AI driven development and block chain.
- Programme / project management experience and track record of successful delivery of complex initiatives in restrictive timeframes with fluid scope and multiple / competing stakeholder requirements.
- Experience of IT outsourcing, vendor management, IT procurement and contract establishment and management.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!