|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re the leaders in water, waste and recycling. But we’re also so much more than that. Combining over 150 years of experience, across five continents and with the knowledge of over 90,000 employees worldwide, we’re tackling some of humanities biggest challenges. By helping create sustainable solutions we can more efficiently manage and utilise our precious resources.
An opportunity is now available within our NSW State EQ&S team for an Environmental & Sustainability business partner for a 12-month Fixed Term contract.
About the role
As a member of the NSW EQS Team, the position will ensure compliance to the SUEZ system, ensure legislative requirements are met and that sustainability initiatives are implemented across the business.
The position will partner closely with our NSW and ACT Operations and be responsible for:
- Acting as environmental and sustainability expert for NSW ACT and their respective sites.
- Supporting business managers in the implementation of environmental and sustainability matters.
- Undertaking and overseeing all environmental and planning compliance requirements at their designated sites.
- Consulting with environmental regulatory authorities and other interested parties at their designated sites.
- Ensuring monitoring and reporting requirements are completed on time and in full.
- Maintaining data such that regular reporting and KPIs can be measured.
- Assisting in the completion of internal and external environmental and compliance auditing.
- Designing, implementing and supporting an environmental sustainability and education programs.
- Ensuring compliance to the EQS management system and supporting the EQS Team, Managers, Supervisors and employees in the implementation of the EQS system to a best practice standard.
The position will be responsible for a number of our key facilities in Sydney including Wetherill Park, Seven Hills, Ryde & Belrose.
Our ideal candidate will have relevant tertiary qualifications gained in Environmental Science, Engineering or a related field coupled with at least 3 years’ experience gained in a similar role. You are familiar with environmental management systems including AS4801, ISO14001 and ISO9001 and can engage well with regulators. With a sound understanding of WHS and Environmental legislation you can also interpret and review laboratory analysis and technical reports.
You have exceptional interpersonal skills as you work across a complex matrix of stakeholders and go above and beyond to assist respective sites in meeting their compliance obligations.
What we can offer you
SUEZ is a global market leader in the resource revolution. We offer exciting career pathways and opportunities in a company that is dedicated to innovation, our customers and our people.
Diversity and Inclusion are at the core of SUEZ’s vision for creating an organisation that is ready to face the challenges of tomorrow. Together, our differences inspire the innovation and creativity to succeed.
If you are a suitably skilled individual who is keen to succeed in a rewarding environment, please click on apply now.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
(Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted