|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Analyst x3 - Sydney & Melbourne
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
The Business Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to business partners within the Individual Life business. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain an in-depth understanding of processes, services, roadmap, and understand the context in which the business operates. This role will be key in implementing regulatory and key strategic business initiatives for Individual Life.
Responsibilities will include a full range of activities from leading small to mid-size projects to assisting project managers on larger more complex projects related to compliance requirements and operational risk & support functions.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices
- Constructively challenging stakeholders on their needs to determine the best solution
- Collecting & documenting requirements and processes for the relevant business units
- Providing input and review the High Level Solution Design
- Facilitating regular requirements meetings and workshops with a variety of stakeholders both internal to TAL and third parties from Executive team, business partners, customers, operational teams and IT teams.
- Liaising between the business and the technology function to define and document business and functional requirements
- Mapping data between the source and target systems
- Documenting testable requirements and support test planning when required
- Document business processes
Managing customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results
- Facilitating project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (for example, senior stakeholders, customers and technical staff)
- Leading or participating in a range of tasks in multiple projects
- Identifying, creating, and facilitating process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level
- Providing project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan)
- Creating and maintaining issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries and updates.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experienced in Agile delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Life Insurance experience preferred
- 3+ years’ experience as a business analyst
- Process documentation
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions. Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact Kirsty Donnelly – Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org