|Job Type:||Full Time|
WorkCover Queensland is committed to making a positive difference to people’s lives. Our purpose is simple: we collaborate with and support our customers to keep Queenslanders working. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to understand our customers deeply to deliver valued experiences and tailored solutions. Our people are connected to purpose and we are creating an environment that inspires them to make a difference.
About the role:
This 10-12 month contract role is a great opportunity to be involved in:
- Producing high-level data analysis and predictive modelling for operational and strategic business needs.
- Setting workers compensation claim costs targets, budgets and projections.
- Working cooperatively with claims management and other internal service providers to achieve strategic deliverables.
- Supporting and delivery of data analysis for monthly financial board reporting.
- Measuring Key Performance Indicators of claims experience.
- Assisting in actuarial claims provisioning analysis.
- Contributing data analysis to support business projects.
With tertiary qualifications in data analytics/science, mathematics, business, finance or similar. You have experience in data extraction, analysis and visualisation of analytics and an understanding of workers’ compensation or similar insurance. Actuarial studies and experience in actuarial analysis would be highly regarded.
You are comfortable with Microsoft Excel, SAS, SQL and business intelligence tools such as Qliksense. Experience in R, python and/or Power BI will also be valued. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and achieve established goals. Your analytical and problem solving skills will enable you to make quality decisions based on the relevant information and successfully contribute to our team’s objectives.
How do I apply?
Please submit your resume and covering letter to Paul Stredder, Senior Consultant People and Culture with applications closing at 10am Monday 3 February 2020.