|Job Type:||Full Time|
Specialist Platform Integration Business Analyst
- Global technology organisation pioneering innovation in the resource industry
- Be at the forefront of cloud-based, enterprise-scale data integration and analytics platform development
- Utilise new ways of working including Agile, Design Thinking and DevOps
- Diverse team and an excellent work environment where we believe that success comes from having fun in what we’re doing.
About the role
We are looking for a Specialist Platform Integration Business Analyst to engage with business and product group stakeholders providing subject matter expertise. This role is responsible for ensuring data analytics and system functional requirements are successfully enabled with Rio Tinto’s Integrated Data Platforms.
This role is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of cloud-based, enterprise-scale data integration and analytics platform development for one of the world’s iconic resources companies. Reporting to the Manager – Data Integration, you will:
- Influence the technical direction of existing and evolving reporting, analytics and data visualisation solutions and their use of the Integrated Data Platform
- Support the Manager - Data Integration in the organisation and governance of the Data Integration DevOps team, maintaining team cohesion and fostering continuous improvement
- Establish and maintain genuine partnerships with stakeholders to understand their requirements in order to develop and implement fit-for-purpose data driven solutions
- Improve the visibility and performance of data integration team and support initiatives to improve the performance of associated platforms.
- Support the development, deployment and user adoption for customer feature requests and the alignment of integrated data solution development to business requirements
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A collaborative mind-set and enthusiasm for co-operative achievement
- Excellent communication and written documentation skills
- A technical skillset and familiarity with Agile and DevOps frameworks
- Experience in managing business requirement capture, analysis and technical interpretation
- Practical knowledge and familiarity across implementation and use-cases for cloud PaaS and elastic computing
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology supports systems and personnel in global locations with three primary hubs of operation. This role is based in Brisbane with key responsibilities for stakeholder engagement across the global enterprise.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.