|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Quantity Surveying role will be part site based and part office based (around the Lower North Island). You will need to be commercially focused and have experience in QS/financial management of infrastructure projects, preferably within civil engineering contracting organisations. High levels of attention to detail, an ability to understand contracts and their intricacies, along with a commitment to high levels of client service are essential for this role.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role, with a strong focus on civil infrastructure projects
- Experience in the procurement and management of suppliers and sub-contractors
- High level of computer literacy including the use of Jobpac software
- Strong communication skills both orally and written
- Experience in cost monitoring and reporting
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being part of a wider team
- Solid understanding of NZS3910:2013, conditions of contract
- Beneficial to have NEC conditions of contract exposure
- Strong Risk identification and management skills
- Excellent ability to build internal and external relationships
- Problem solving ability; with a wider strategic overview
- Relevant qualification, Degree/Diploma in Quantity Surveying
In return we offer:
- Challenging and rewarding position
- Multinational company, with a solid reputation
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career across a diverse range of industries
To apply for this role please go to www.downercareers.co.nz and search for reference number 567454.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application may not be considered.