|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Tackle challenges in data collection, information extraction & transmission.
- Excellent opportunity to work in a leading scientific institution with dedicated professionals
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
As the Senior/Principal Research Scientist, you will sit within the Cybernetics Group in the CPS Program. The Cybernetics Group tackles major challenges in data collection and information extraction and transmission from complex environments, under constrained conditions and with limited resources. In this role you will lead individual research efforts and contribute to the acquisition and execution of external projects. You will have a strong background, including publications at top-tier venues, in more than one of the specific research areas i.e.:
- Signal processing for RF localisation, tracking and environment mapping, and the inference and contextualisation on individual and group behaviour, and trust.
- Signal processing techniques for micro and biomedical sensing systems, and human-machine interface optimisation, and/or inference from sensory data to assist medical diagnosis.
- Miniaturisation techniques for sensing/actuator systems and platforms that incorporate high-performing battery, telemetry, sensors, actuators and data management solutions, and/or design and implementation of associated ASICs.
- Signal processing techniques for broad bandwidth space communication and sensing systems, such as signal capture and fast track, and system architecture design.
You will provide scientific leadership, to play a lead role in securing project funds, and to develop and pursue research agendas within the context of our vision to investigate the use of novel systems, methodologies, techniques for the creation of reliable and long-lasting data acquisition and communication systems.
Location: Marsfield, NSW or Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: * CSOF6 AU$113,338k - AU$132,811k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
* CSOF7 AU$136,437k - AU$150,956k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*NB: This position is offered across two levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- Education/Qualifications: A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as Electronics Engineering, and mixed academic and industrial research leadership experience
- Solid technical expertise in at least two of the following specific research areas.
- Signal processing algorithm design and implementation in RF tracking systems, including array signal processing, time-of-arrival extraction, beamforming, belief propagation, convex optimisation, deep reinforcement learning, and their implementations in edge computing platforms;
- Architecture design and implementation of micro sensing systems, including platform design and miniaturisation, operating systems services and network stacks for embedded devices, low-power operation for energy harvesting systems, deep learning, and applications building on those technologies;
- Architecture design and signal processing techniques for space communications and space situational awareness, including front-end and baseband architecture, design and implementation, signal detection and fast capture in extremely low signal-to-noise region, high-speed communication, and angle-of-arrival estimation.
- A record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a research team, supervise junior researchers and students, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to publish research results, prepare reports and present the results of scientific investigations at national and international conferences and stakeholder meetings.
- A strong track-record of publications in quality, peer reviewed journals to demonstrate national research standing, e.g., IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, etc.
- A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
For more information please view the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirments of this role.
Thursday, 20th February 2020 at 11:59PM AEST