|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer delivers rail, road, marine, water, industrial, vertical build infrastructure and capital construction projects to a range of central and local government and private sector clients throughout New Zealand and the Pacific. Our people are committed to what we do and at Downer NZ we work together as a team to deliver on our promise to continue to be 'the number one supplier of infrastructure services in New Zealand'. Our Infrastructure Projects team offers excellent project management skills, technical expertise and a collaborative approach to our projects and we have some great opportunities for motivated people to join us following some exciting project wins.
As our new Surveyor, you will work within our Infrastructure Projects South team to deliver a range of surveying works across a diverse range of projects. Our current work book ranges from asphalt to wind farms and everything in between. You will also have a strong focus on quality, health & safety and demonstrate attributes of being a team player. You must enjoy the challenge of an ever changing construction environment and have the ability to work independently or as part of a high performing team. Based in one of our South Island regions (Dunedin, Central Otago, Christchurch or Nelson) occasional travel from your base will be required to cover our South Island wide workload.
You will work closely with the project team to ensure all surveying for the project is prepared and completed to specifications. If you want your workload to be diverse, then this is for you! The role will offer the successful applicant a good mix between field and office, with the chance to work with Leica's most up to date equipment.
- As a good fit within the business, you will possess:
- Practical experience in civil or commercial construction and set out
- BSurv or equivalent tertiary qualification, or technical industry experience
- Experience in collaborative work and working towards common goals
- Excellent computer literacy
- Experience with and a strong commitment to health and safety initiatives
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Experience with Leica equipment and 12d surveying software
- Full driver's license
- The ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
This role demands flexibility, the ability to self-manage, and the willingness to be a team player. Apply today by contacting heading to www.downercareers.co.nz using job reference number 567354.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.