|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we’re advancing the power of collaboration with products including Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and more. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
As a Software Architect for Jira Service Desk, you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools. Jira Service Desk is a growing product that helps customers transform IT to deliver faster and collaborate effortlessly. The product has experienced exponential growth since its inception more than 5 year ago and has been adopted by our customers for mission critical work within their organisations. As an architect for the team you will be responsible for setting the technical vision and ensuring the team moves towards it.
You'll not only be working in but will actively shape our maturing and fast-paced SaaS environment. Our architects also help to cultivate the engineering culture that directly informs how we build our products. You will be answering: what does the painted picture for the future of cloud development look like and how do we get there? You will help guide developers in understanding what things we worry about when designing a new service, and anything that we shouldn't. You will help the engineering org scale as we hire more and more engineers. You will also collaborate across Atlassian to ensure project dependencies all move in the same direction at the same time.
To succeed, you'll need real-world experience building high-performance, large-scale services. Be passionate about the developer platforms and extensibility, and have the ability to ask the tough questions. Being a natural at working across functional areas are traits that will serve you well along with an ability to communicate ideas with developers, partners and the public in both written and spoken form.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have
- Natural acumen around building resilient, scalable systems that use dozens of micro-services
- You are hands-on and have achieved proficiency of your craft
- Deep understanding of application security, web applications, and modern techniques for building software
- You have engineering discipline to produce software with quality
- Great communication to build and articulate a technical vision for the product
- Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills with experience in leading large projects
- Consistent record of translating product goals into engineering reality
- Experience taking care of opposing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Qualifications and requirements:
- 10+ years of technical experience in software engineering
- 5+ years as an enterprise software architect with demonstrated success in defining and driving software technical roadmap
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams and drive change to lead complex technical initiatives to successful conclusion
- Experience with AWS and associated cloud technologies is a requirement.
- Demonstrated experience with software development at scale, including Agile, SCRUM.
- Proven technical background and acumen stemming from deep understanding and experience across complex products and systems.
- Demonstrated values through leading by example, and being an active representative of Atlassian values and culture.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent qualification expected
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.