|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 14,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications and 12+ years of relevant industry experience in sustainability or resilience.
- Experience developing successful client relationships and ability to cross-sell Arup services.
- Experience leading or being part of multi-disciplinary projects and projects and developing less experienced members of the team.
- Strong interest in, and understanding of, and passion for, all aspects of the sustainability field, and of reporting requirements.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Effective written communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher than normal workload.
About the role
The role’s main focus is to provide 2IC role to the Regional and Local sustainability business leader. This roles responsibility will include:
- Assisting with business development, be known within the local NSW market.
- Provide co-ordination and management of sustainability ‘owned’ projects, ensure that these are delivered to excellent quality, on-time and to budget.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to members of the Environment and Resources team.
- Being accountable for managing and co-ordinating sustainability ‘owned’ projects. This will require you to be responsible for predicting and planning future resources. This will also require you to work collaboratively with resources across the region and the wider business included Advisory and Buildings colleagues.
- Assisting with implementing the recently approved sustainability business plan for the Australasia region.
- Setting budgets and securing new work; as such you would be responsible for negotiating agreements with customers and suppliers in order to achieve financial targets.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
“We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.”
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.
Please note our offices in Australia are closed from Dec 20th, 2019 – January 6, 2020. Our team will review your application as soon as possible and update via email or phone call, once a decision has been made on your application.