|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Uber for Business
Uber for Business is a suite of products that allows companies to improve the travel and eating experience of their employees, customers, patients and guests. Through utilising Uber’s technology we are able to provide unparalleled data for improved management and transparency over a company’s travel spend. As we continue to develop products we look toward creating a frictionless experience for companies and the people that they serve to be able to consume Uber’s services.
With over 10000 customers across Australia and New Zealand the U4B A/NZ team strive to continually find new ways to improve the experiences of our customers. The ANZ team is comprised of Enterprise and Mid Market AEs, CSMs, BDRs, Account Specialists and Marketing and we operate a really driven, fun, transparent and trustworthy culture. We truly believe that “The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts”
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Over the last few years Uber for Business has become the platform of choice for Government and Enterprises in A/NZ. We are constantly innovating to drive value for our customers and last year alone we launched 2 new major products into the platform in A/NZ that enabled companies to now work with us across a number of travel and eating use cases. This role is responsible for pushing our thinking beyond the here and now and there are some exciting opportunities for growth yet to come. While this role sits in the Uber for Business (U4B) team, you will also work collaboratively on a number of key initiatives with the wider Uber rides and Uber Eats business. You will work with senior leaders in the business to identify ways we can better service the needs of the business traveller (one of the company’s top priorities for 2020) and their company.
The S&P Lead will design cross-collaboration frameworks, deliver strong data-driven analysis, is an expert problem solver, and able to dive deep on all areas of the business (from tech to go-to-market) to deliver creative solutions. Reporting into the Global Head of S&P, and working closely with regional GMs and Country Managers this person will dig into data, uncover insights, and then develop and socialise a viewpoint on where to play and how to win globally across our breadth of U4B solutions.
It would be no surprise that you love driving strategic thinking, finding truth and insight into tough, unstructured problems and working with senior leaders. However this is no normal S&P role in a normal company. If you’re looking for a role in a super fast paced business that innovates daily, encourages and rewards self-starters, thrives on team collaboration locally and globally, and has the might of a major global organisation behind it then joining Uber for Business is for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Uber for Business teams to help shape U4B’s future direction and strategy. Be an expert in financial, operational, and performance aspects of U4B
- Lead business planning cycles ensuring balanced and proper headcount resourcing across teams, leverage the cross functional team to affect business outcomes, and ongoing tracking/optimization in partnership with counterparts on Strategic Finance
- Define standard reporting metrics for U4B and partner with FP&A to own regular cadenced reporting on these metrics
- Own and lead multiple key strategic initiatives and new opportunities across verticals & industries, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Guide junior S&P resources via mentorship and training to support key initiatives.
- Understand and track the global B2B market and local competition across all product lines
- Identify gaps and propose changes to existing policy, systems and process frameworks; develop scalable solutions and work to manage risks across the organization and develop best practices
- Leverage business intelligence, frameworks, and operational tactics to tackle the problems U4B leaders face; this includes initiatives around our strategy, planning, collaboration, accountability and more
- Compile competitive intelligence (e.g,. Product offering, go to market) and distill competitive insights
- Routinely present results of business case modeling and analysis, and act as a thought partner to U4B team leads across the globe and the Global Head of Uber for Business
What You’ll Need:
- 8-10 years experience in management consulting, organizational design, corporate strategy, or project management experience in a technology/media company
- Experience leading complex cross-functional projects independently and to a high degree of success and impact
- Highly analytical with strong financial modeling and complex problem solving skills (background in investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience is preferred)
- Ability to work with different team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business challenges
- Ability to be independent, multi-task, and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment; ability to work through uncertainty
- Analytical mindset and proficient with data analysis tools like SQL and Excel
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills