|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Operations are the heart of every JUMP launch - ensuring our e-mobility vehicles are maintained and charged - exactly when and where our customers need them, 24/7/365. As the Senior Operations Manager, you will create the operational strategies, establish and refine processes, and drive the innovation that will determine the continued success of not only JUMP in Melbourne, but will lay the blueprint for future JUMP systems everywhere.
The Senior Operations Manager role demands a self starting, challenge-seeking problem solver. We're looking for someone who is process-driven, detail-oriented, and organized, but also excited to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. The role will split time behind a computer and in our logistics hub / field, as you will be responsible for owning and refining operational processes.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage our local logistics hub and workforce - Operations is core to this role. You will have the responsibility for defining our hiring needs, building our local team and managing our logistics hub. You will focus on ensuring our operations are safe for riders and contractors as well as efficient in executing on what needs to be done to make our business is a success in Melbourne. This includes allocation of labor, assigning job duties, managing staffing agencies, allocating and tracking performance KPI’s.
- Create & Optimise Process - we are a new company launching a new product in new environments - we not only need to create and constantly optimise our own processes for this operation, but for the many JUMP systems that are to follow in the near future.
- Grow the business - you will be constantly seeking solutions that scale, while overseeing the growth of our business. Your processes and projects will directly contribute to the city’s growth.
- Analyse Data - you will ensure you are creating, collecting, and incorporating as much data about operations as possible to constantly monitor performance and find opportunities to improve. You, with help from colleagues, will build the analytical frameworks and operational models to enable constant improvement.
- Problem Solve - all day everyday. You will operate a technology platform and capital assets in dynamic urban environments. All kinds of obstacles, barriers, problems, and snags happen on a daily basis and you must be ready to solve them as fast as they happen. You see upcoming systemic problems from far away, and nip them in the bud.
- Collaborate - operations will need to collaborate with data scientists, communications and marketing, engineers, supply chain professionals, HR, and other teams.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Wear many different hats - This role will have ownership over areas including managing a large and diverse team of field technicians and/or mechanics, overseeing our operations in the field or our logistics hub, facilities and vehicle upkeep, workplace safety, parts inventory, charging infrastructure, process creation, project management, etc.
- Ability to learn new skills and grow with the role - As JUMP continues to expand, this role will be charged with directing and overseeing additional operational processes and projects.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in operations, supply chain, engineering, manufacturing, or relevant business / industries.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience
- Experience solving complex problems, exercising good judgment in ambiguous circumstances, and effectively communicating across a diverse team.
- Comfortable learning and using new software tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships, lead a team, manage employees, and create a hard-working but fun workplace
- Proven to be self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of tasks to ensure a solution.
- Black belt in problem-solving.
- Excellent organization and time management systems for yourself and your team.
- Knowledge or passion for any of the following a plus: the local market, mobility, mechanics, engineering, and data/analytics.
JUMP is building the future of urban mobility: shared electric vehicles that are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. Cheaper than most transportation options and faster than cars in traffic, JUMP is a game-changer for local transportation. Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 14,000 bikes in 6 countries. This year JUMP is launching the next generation of e-mobility options across ANZ. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility.
To make this vision a reality, we need to grow our team. We place tremendous value on our company's roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation.